Friday, September 17, 2010

Barrel of Monkeys

You could say I have issues - baggage as it were. I wasn't raised in a typical household. My father's a paranoid schizophrenic.  He moved out when I was seven, but still hung around. My mom's bipolar with issues too numerous to list in a single blog entry. The rest of my family, and it is a very large family, is similarly colorful, running the gambit of mental illness. Myself, I've been diagnosed with social anxiety/social phobia.

I'm getting married in 8 months and my fiance and I plan to start a family of our own - a normal, functional family.  Before I can do that, I need to understand how my upbringing has impacted my life. I'm going to use this blog to write short stories about my life, my childhood, and growing up in a crazy, loving, fun and dysfunctional American family.  Perhaps that'll help me come to terms with who I am, where I came from and where I'm going.

 Anyone is welcome to follow or post comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment